TrainJam 2023

Yeah, great ideas!

Also interested!

Hey Andrew, I have a ā€œreservedā€ spot with your name on it via Jack :slight_smile: Iā€™ll be in touch by email.

I just finished riding the Coast Starlight from San Francisco to Portland, and wanted to share a couple of observations.

The observation cars have nice large tables (four people, possibly more) for sitting around and chatting or playing a game. Iā€™m planning to bring a Fluxx game, and I think Sushi Go may be coming on board as well.

The coffee on the train is not great. Probably worth bringing some beans and coffee making equipment. Iā€™ll bring an AeroPress, and I think @boris may bring a french press. Hot water was available on the train.

The Amtrak site is a bit difficult to navigate for determining delays and estimated times of arrival. A fellow traveler introduced me to a site that pulls data from Amtrak and makes it easily digestible:

1 Like

Ha, I just found out thereā€™s another TrainJam out there.

oh Iā€™ve known about quite a few. Waterloo to Montreal corridor has done some!

1 Like

I went on that one a couple years ago, it was really nice. Met lots of interesting people aboard.

Strange Loop

My talk was originally at the same time as Douglas Creagerā€™s and so I asked Alex to move it so I could attend and now weā€™re both one after the other ^^

Iā€™d like to come if any rooms are left?

I DMā€™d you on Mastodon. Iā€™ll do some research on more space available and get back to you!

On of the things Iā€™m looking forward to me most if having an in-person rundown of your workflow during the ride. Iā€™ll have LOVE2D installed on the thinkpad so I can experiment and try freewheeling for myself.

1 Like

Would anyone be opposed to a little #TrainJam documentary? I think it would be cool to film some folks, interior/exterior scenes and impressions of the event and projects to share afterward. If thatā€™s not your jam, letā€™s talk about blurring you or otherwise keeping you anonymous.

It would be amazing to capture footage. There arenā€™t going to be a lot of group environments (the spaces are small) so definitely ā€œwith permission & consentā€ would be great.

Repo with details about the attendees :slight_smile:

I found a rather more deluxe train in Europe

Let me know if anyone wins the lottery and wants to take me!