I’ve been in the app game since the early 2000s, took a 10-year break for e-commerce and now I’m back. I’m trying to build my next app on top of ipfs but want to make sure I start with the right integration and plan.
- I would like to create user accounts, that have both private and public files. I would like the private files to stay on our private note, and the public be on the general ipfs network. We will be hosting both small and very large files.
- I would like the ability for users to stay anonymous, but have an easy way to tie something to their account like an email address, phone number, or an easy way to back up their account.
- I would like a decentralized database store that is private, for file metadata, user information, and search
- I would like to use our node to host the files initially, then push our files to our users to help store them. I would like this to work on desktop browser, and mobile as an app, and serve files to other users when on Wi-Fi.
- I don’t want my build to be reliant on any third-party storage (what to own my own storage) or any third party in case of abandonment of the project or the project going stale.
- If possible I would like to start out with one large server & data store, that host my node and pinning server.
In my research fission looks like it would work for this use case? If that is the true, can you tell me where to start my build? The end user case would be both on IOS and Android mobile app, and a desktop browser app.
I’m bootstrapping the build and have a very small budget so anyway to keep costs under control using open source solutions would be awesome. Hoping to get my vision of the new old free and open internet back.
Thank you so much in advance!