A group discussion about earning a living building software without holding other people’s data. Open-source licensing, payment models, and more.
My idea is to explore how unlike most ‘technical’ decisions, Zero Data implies a re-thinking of incentives and how organizations are structured, it’s pretty political. How can we get business people (more-so than developers) to start talking and thinking about it?
Add your own questions in the comments, we’ll gather some ahead of time that we’ll be sure to cover.
- Should I use Open Collective or Github Sponsors or Patreon or another service?
- Does an open-source license matter? What license should I choose?
- What are the trade-offs of using platforms vs self-hosting?
- How much do developers need to think about business and marketing?
- What kind of features do Zero Data apps enable?
- How can we fund public or common goods?
- How important is having an audience?
- What does it mean to be successful? and what are meaningful metrics to measure this?
- How much does technical architecture relate to sustainability?
Join us on Thursday, July 8, 2021 4:00 PM
Sign up or use the form below: