Feedback and consultation with James

• highest praise :
  • Developer experience
    • Fleek you go there to create manage complexity
    • with Fission it is no friction
  • User experience
    • UCAN Authentication was rock solid
    • Having eventual “replication” of warm data on all my devices is amazing.
    • For Warm Data WNFS is perfect and people centered
    • It is FAIR indeed
  • issues :
  • The latency of keeping stuff in sync as I move from my smartphone to my laptops appears to be several minutes.

• for hot data other approaches would be more suitable.

• Need also a way to lifelong archiving, Drive is not enough for that

• I envisage not saving every edit in Fission Drive, but in local storage and save only versions at the end of an editing session or when a specified amount of new data created changes. This could be automated.

• developer comments/suggestions/questions :
  • As I reverted to an old version installed latest IPFS and it seem to work just fine
  • I can see a proliferation of tools and solutions that would rely on an IPFS daemon running. Fleek space is an example.
  • In fact there was a time when I had to shut down IPFS desktop to get things working.
  • this may no longer be the case
  • However, I would suggest to have a variant that does not ship with IPFS. At some point that may be viable option
  • This one goes in that direction
  • suggestions for improvements :
  • need progress indication more than a spinner would be nice on first time load on new deviceauto
  • need reconnection to peers as it looks like connection appears to be lost silently lost a
  • Drive needs reloading too, a refresh is needed
  • my issues :
  • On first touch of editor reconnect to peers be re-authenticating and re-initailizing WNFS? and refresh the FS
  • keep track of editing time, save and reconnect at regular intervals, what should that be?
  • Measureoverall time and current editing slot