- highest praise :
- Developer experience
- Fleek you go there to create manage complexity
- with Fission it is no friction
- User experience
- UCAN Authentication was rock solid
- Having eventual “replication” of warm data on all my devices is amazing.
- For Warm Data WNFS is perfect and people centered
- It is FAIR indeed
- issues :
The latency of keeping stuff in sync as I move from my smartphone to my laptops appears to be several minutes.
for hot data other approaches would be more suitable.
Need also a way to lifelong archiving, Drive is not enough for that
I envisage not saving every edit in Fission Drive, but in local storage and save only versions at the end of an editing session or when a specified amount of new data created changes. This could be automated.
- developer comments/suggestions/questions :
- As I reverted to an old version installed latest IPFS and it seem to work just fine
- I can see a proliferation of tools and solutions that would rely on an IPFS daemon running. Fleek space is an example.
- In fact there was a time when I had to shut down IPFS desktop to get things working.
- this may no longer be the case
- However, I would suggest to have a variant that does not ship with IPFS. At some point that may be viable option
- This one goes in that direction
- suggestions for improvements :
- need progress indication more than a spinner would be nice on first time load on new deviceauto
- need reconnection to peers as it looks like connection appears to be lost silently lost a
- Drive needs reloading too, a refresh is needed
- my issues :
- On first touch of editor reconnect to peers be re-authenticating and re-initailizing WNFS? and refresh the FS
- keep track of editing time, save and reconnect at regular intervals, what should that be?
- Measureoverall time and current editing slot