First release of IPFS Portable User Settings App

My name is Daniel, and I'm the newest member of the Fission team. I'm based near Springfield, Missouri, smack dab in the center of the Ozarks (recently made famous by the Netflix show, which is kinda like my life but with money laundering instead of unit tests). When I'm not working on building tools for the decentralized web, you can catch me reading cool books (currently reading), listening to music (currently listening), or rock climbing (my weekend plans).

Here at Fission, we've been hard at working cooking up cool new experiments with IPFS. IPFS's content-based addressing which gives us a flat, universal namespace to store files and other data prompts us to think differently about how we build and deploy software. This leads us to build prototypes and experiments, which help us:

• Ideate projects that either we or another team can expand upon
• Test and calibrate the tools we build for real world hands-on usage
• Prompt the creation of new libraries/technologies

Our most recent application came from a simple question that we asked: if my preferences are generally the same across apps, why do I need to fill out that same information in every app?

Introducing IPFS Portable User Settings — a completely client side application that allows you to update your preferences over IPFS and take them with you wherever you go.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.fission.codes/ipfs-user-settings-app/