Holochain OS CRISPR IDE

A bit of Technology scouting.
In a recent notification from the

I found this:

I made some comments on the video.
Pressed the publish to micro blog button and got this

https://micro.hyperblog.co/2020/09/15/011751.html

(I better generate og:image etc so that links from my micro blog will be turned into cards)

I hope you find it informative.

Just a few comments.

Clearly Holo is working to bootstrap capabilities to create apps that are born interoperable as they are built with a shared uniform metadesignable storage and data model and ways of composing and communicating across “apps”.
It also provides predefined ways of managing a social capability graph.
So in many respects it is very similar to what we are doing @TrailMarks

The biggest difference is that we want everything to work in a WebNative Architecture building on @fissionbot and instead of having encoded all the concepts necessary into Rust, we can open bootstrap, meta-design capabilities and
“hand over the key to the kingdom let user (and developers alike) help you build the apps by providing constellations and personal facilities
success = passionate communities”

While our goals are pretty much the same,
𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗻:
A more human internet

Each of us wants to have control over how and with whom we interact. In order to evolve and thrive, our communities must support everyone’s uniqueness. Yet today, our online relationships are dominated by centralized corporate web sites.

Holochain enables a distributed web with user autonomy built directly into its architecture and protocols. Data is about remembering our lived and shared experiences. Distributing the storage and processing of that data can change how we coordinate and interact. With digital integration under user control, Holochain liberates our online lives from corporate control over our choices and information.

with TrailMarks and TrailHub we are aiming to “Go Meta” from the word go
but instead of developing a platform as an ecosystem we aim to facilitate, empower and ensure to transcende don’t be evil with can’t be evil by architecture and design.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @fissionbot display help.

1 Like

Yeah interesting ideas in there.

I don’t want to go down the route of visual programming or entity modeling for Fission. Totally possible for someone to build on top of webnative.

Finding the right level of remix-ability is super important and comes in two flavours.

For users, I think we can get started with some basic theme / design layer work, which also empowers designers to make changes AND sell designs potentially.

For developers, cloning entire apps without going to Git could be a thing.

There’s sort of a third mode of mixing and matching apps but I think that will be more like an operating system — choosing a text editor to use for example, or piping between shell apps.

“I don’t want to go down the route of visual programming or entity modeling for Fission.”

Could not agree more.

“For developers, cloning entire apps without going to Git could be a thing.”

That is indeed the thing. Content addressed static resources that are linked from a meaningful context of a conversation, is the thing I am after.

The race is on for the best dApp ecosystem.
The best will have to be WebNative and I think appart from Fission and TrailHub I only seen https://equilibrium.co/sprawl
that keeps the WebNative option open.

That’s why I am supporting Rust IPFS on Open Collective