Build a small self host-able service that will watch a given CID on IPFS (I think this is better said as PeerId on IPNS, @expede is that right?) and send a request to a given webhook when the file has changed.
Who would want to use this and why?
There’s many reasons people would want to know of a data change
- Create a RSS feed from an IPFS blog
- Notified on form submission. (If
- Notifications when deploy processes end (“v1.2.3 of Staging is now live”)
- Keep an eye on sensitive files that should not change
- Force a IPFS node to keep the document in cache
A first version should allow a user to:
Users should be able to easily host this service on the infrastructure of their choosing.
We should allow users to one click deploy this to Heroku.
Watch many and notify multiple
A user should be able to set multiple CID’s to be watched each with their own polling interval. Detected changes should also be able to go out to 1 or more webhooks per CID.
We should offer to host this for users given a range of free and paid plans.
Extend this to include
orbitdb table changes (*Pet 123 added/deleted/updated). So that people can know when data has changed in their database.
Extend this to also send notifications on publishes to IPFS channels in