Oldspeak Network

Hey there!

I manage two collectives, the first, DecentSocial, has been using Fission as a fiscal host for the last month and it’s gone amazing! Y’all are great. I’m posting to request approval for a second collective, the Oldspeak Network.

I currently live at the London College of Political Technology, and the Oldspeak network is a community run initiative to organize the wider community of alumni and members who attend events at our space.

One group who hosts events at our space, The Future of Coding, also uses Fission as their fiscal host, so it seemed natural to ask if you would be willing to serve as the fiscal host for the Oldspeak Network as well.

Hi @ianconsolata thanks for introducing Oldspeak. I see your application on Open Collective, and will approve it. Happy to support you!

Hey @boris we have a few expenses that were submitted before you were our fiscal host that got approved that we’d like to reimburse for: Oldspeak Network · Expenses - Open Collective

I think they probably just got lost in the shuffle, anything you need from us to complete the reimbursement on those?

ok! We’ll take care of it. I did see them in my inbox, not sure why they didn’t float up into the queue.

Hi Ian,

I paid the first via Wise and the second two through the OC UI. Please check in with Artem to confirm he got the credit.

Cheers!

Hopefully I’m using this thread correctly –

I’m about to pass the collective to the next year’s cohort to determine how to use it.

But before doing that, I’d like to first assign the remaining funds as a honorarium for an advisor to our cohort last year, who did a ton of support work for us, Zarinah Agnew. If I were to purchase an amazon gift card for CAD$266 and send it to them, would that be acceptable for reimbursement?

Thanks!

Hey @patcon – we hold it in trust for you, and your admins can approve whatever you like as expenses on the OpenCollective side. It’s all public and visible to your community.

We then process things automatically on our side as your fiscal hosts.

thanks a million boris! i haven’t been vocal hear, but very appreciative for the explorations your org allowed us to engage in last year :)))

2 Likes

hey waaaaaaait a minute. I know you! Fancy seeing you on this corner of the internet, @patcon ! :wave:

1 Like

OK, submitted this expense to clear out our account for this cohort. I have a slight worry that we need money remaining to pay the e-transfer rate that OC will charge… but IF that’s the case, just lemme know the difference and I’ll donate the fee myself and allow this to be sent thru with minimal fuss. Thanks!

(heh I side-channeled walkah)

The settlement has been interacted for the exact amount so we are all good. :+1:

1 Like

Yay! Thanks so much crew!

Now that we’re wrapped, I’ll look into transferring the collective administration to this year’s cohort (if I can’t convince them to bite, then I’ll close the loop and let you know that as well :crossed_fingers:t2:)