As opposed to editor apps, where you create and edit data, viewer apps are specifically designed to view data.
We need to read a part of a filesystem, which we don’t necessarily own, to get the data we want to present. Currently we can only work with public data, seeing we don’t have “shared private data” yet.
- Get the root CID for the user
- Get the CID for the public tree (need to investigate what the most efficient way is)
- Load public tree with the
- Traverse to the part we want.
- Interact with data
There’s a couple different formats I have in mind for this:
- A page that always loads the data for the same user, eg. “Steven’s Blog Posts”
- An app that can render anyone’s data, eg. “What artists did you listen to this year?”
- Same as #1 but then statically compiled via the command line