WebNative-powered Blog

Description

User Impact

I want this.

I keep getting 10 minutes into setting up a Ghost blog, and stopping myself. This is absolutely the sort of thing that Fission can support, and do away with all of the server setup, admin access controls, and so on.

Features

Can be pretty bare bones to start

• Posts in a WNFS directory
    • Published posts in the public segment
    • Drafts in the private segment
  • Editing interface accessible by writer
  • Runtime markdown interpretation
  • v1 ordered by date, v2 add tag-based search
  • Single theme v1 (remixable), plug into the theming API v2 (when it exists)

This is just a cut down version of the AppRun Real world demo that I proposed to @boris to build with Fission Drive and Identity.

It is actually simpler than that.

I wanted to do that AppRun version of Real World example with Fission backend so that developers would be attracted to the best of both worlds.
A frontend framework that is more accessible to React developers than Elm
and showing off the benefits of Fission.codes. The best possible Developer Experience.
Plus demonstrating the magic of WebNative Hostless Apps

I’m wondering is it already implemented or is it still relevant to implement this functionality of the blog

We went on towards the ‘infinite scope’ Micropub Tweetstorm Builder - #7 by gyuri-lajos

@walkah 's been working on something relevant to this in React I believe.

@kilomeow no we don’t have a simple blog as described here. It would be a good mini project.

1 Like

We can try to use TiddlyWiki for a blog publishing. So I’m interested to look at @Jermolene approach for TW on Fission! And it’s good to think how difficult it is to add a publish button which will create a new application with tiddly wiki html blog files.

Current Jeremy’s approach uses bash scripts to do the work. Although it seems quite easy to do it in js, the current blog building process relies on Node.js to build wiki itself. I have no sense how to transfer this to the browser. There are also TiddlyWiki saver API (like in github saver) which gives you a single html file to save, however it doesn’t seem like a quality solution. At least we want to publish only specific tiddlers (for example with blog tag) and decent layout for SEO (there is discussion that default TiddlyWiki files are not good enough).

2 Likes