#james-monologue

I like the “public monologue” experiment that @agentofuser of user has started: #helder-monologue

As Helder mentioned, we use private / internal monologue channels in Discord as a great way to share and sort through ideas in progress. I’m excited to take the experiment “public”.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve been reading up on / learning about lately is NixOps: GitHub - NixOS/nixops: NixOps is a tool for deploying to NixOS machines in a network or cloud.

We use NixOS for most all of our infrastructure (and soon will use it everywhere). NixOps seems like a great tool for potentially managing those instances remotely. However, in my digging it seems like NixOps maintains a bunch of state locally. Is this a blocker for using it in a team? Anyone tried have recommendations?

1 Like

Tangentially-related:

Great to see you here btw =D

If you’re into email, a great way to post to your monologue is to save the unique reply-to address from the top post as a contact, then you just email it and it becomes a post. No need to find the thread in your email. (Note: discourse strips the subject.)

1 Like

Really looking forward to a @rosano -monologue btw ;D

2 Likes