Powergate is a collection of libraries, modules, and configuration options, that can be used independently or together, to integrate Filecoin in your application or storage system. It is designed to manage one or many Filecoin wallet addresses, and each address and its associated configuration and data storage is scoped by user. Most Powergate APIs function within the context of single user.
Some benefits of using the Powergate include:
- Ensure storing data on Filecoin is easily available on the IPFS network.
- Handle long-term storage deal management, including automated renewal and repair.
- Make use of network indices to improve miner selection and deal creation.
- Manage Filecoin wallet addresses for one or many users.
- Easily configure, connect, and deploy Powergate, Lotus, and IPFS together.
- Much more!
These are questions from others, or from the Fission team. Will review with the Textile team.
Plans for making Powergate non-custodial?
Our BLS scheme may need us to talk to Lotus instances directly.
From @danfinlay: what is Powergate’s role in this flow?
Powergate abstracts a lot of the steps to discover, negotiate and publish a storage deal to Filecoin. It in turn talks to Lotus Filecoin client and Go IPFS services – effectively bridging them.
Keys are currently stored in the Lotus keystore. See System Diagram and Flows