Tools for Thought Interchange: Part 1 – Fission

We hosted Part 1 of a talk series called Tools for Thought Interchange on May 27th, 2021. Tools for Thought — also known as second brains, digital gardens, or simply personal note taking apps — is seeing a lot of interest right now, with more being built every day. The question we posed was: how do we work on interchange between these systems?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://fission.codes/blog/tools-for-thought-interchange-part-1/

I ended up clipping @blaine’s portion of this talk into a separate video:

Hear him rant about attempting to kill Markdown, through the medium of Werner Herzog.

@JSON question: Do you folks have converters to RDF, DITA or other semantic ontologies?

I’m curious of what you think about SpaCy. It is NLP centric but it does a lot of tokenization, lemming and span parsing and anotationing

Didn’t XSD and XLS:FO, complex as it is, solved separation of semantics and typo-graphical layout problems long time ago?

I think all the atJSON modules are in the repo GitHub - CondeNast/atjson: atjson is a living content format for annotating content

Tagging @blaine for the rest of your questions.