He’s an old friend, so it was great to just chat, but we also talked about Fission, Headless Drupal, and how the Document Web vs the App Web are evolving.
Dries pointed us at Tome, a static site generator for Drupal, for some of the things we had in mind for Drupal + Fission.
Last year, we released a Drupal IPFS module. We think IPFS and Fission are a great fit for Headless workflows. The editing backend can upload and manage assets directly to Fission, and then instead of having to download and republish them (or even worse, checking image assets into Git), the front end just links to them. With Fission they are in their final online location right from the beginning.
I also presented at Drupalcon remotely in July of 2020, focused on looking Drupal and the Decentralized Web:
We’ll use this post and the comments to gather more resources around Headless Drupal and integrating it with Fission.
- Creating Tome, a static site generate for Drupal 8, Samuel Mortenson, Nov 2018
- How to decouple Drupal in 2018, Dries, Jan 2018
- How to decouple Drupal in 2019, Dries, Jan 2019
- A How-To Guide to Headless and Decoupled CMS, Acquia Ebook
- Headless Drupal, Drupal Groups
- GraphQL Module
- Decoupled Drupal in Practice (Book), Preston So, Oct 2018